Vanderbilt University Medical Center Athletic Trainer 2 PRN - High School Outreach in Franklin, Tennessee
DiscoverVanderbilt University Medical Center
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Provides services to patients and athletes who have impairments, functional limitations or changes in physical function and health status as a result of injury, illness or other causes with occasional guidance. Actively collaborates with the health care/educational team which consists of the Director of Sports Medicine, team physicians, Vanderbilt University Medical Center specialists, athletic trainers and physical therapists to meet patient care, outcomes and system treatment, rehabilitation care to athletes using modalities, personnel, equipment and supply resources. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at https://hr.mc.vanderbilt.edu/careers/requirements/PhysicalRequirementsGroup57.pdf .
Collaborates in establishing athletic training andsports medicine services, plan of care; then coordinates and implementscare delivery while anticipating patient/athlete care needs across thecontinuum.
Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to thepatient's/athlete's care and management to determine patient/athletefunctional capabilities within defined activity levels.
Continually utilizes Athletic Training skills andresources to evaluate patient's/athlete's functional capabilities towardsoptimal, safe participation, and applies appropriate interventions toensure effective outcomes.
Employs strategies to promote health and a safe andhealthy environment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview ofthe position and additional duties may be assigned.
ATHLETIC TRAINING (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate athletic training in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
TREATMENT IMPLEMENTATION (NOVICE): - Demonstrates proficiency in providing treatment consistent with physician prescription and established plan of care. Able to modify treatment plan as needed to demonstrate provision of skilled therapy services including progression of treatment throughout course of care, and revision of treatment interventions of goals not met. May supervise and direct certified athletic trainers (PT only), physical therapist / occupational therapist assistants, technicians and volunteers and students. Selects and follows correct protocol for care and utilize evidence-based treatments. Has completed at least one year of clinical experience in treatment implementation.
PATIENT EVALUATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to conduct a patient evaluation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Capable of effectively assessing the relative merits of alternative products or services.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION - (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally, works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilitieswith the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas relatedto own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzesmoderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gainedthrough experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance andsupport to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy andenthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gainknowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regularcontact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informalopportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactionsand modifies one's own communication style to suit different situationsand audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understandcurrent and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes servicesto better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems fromdifferent angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunitiesand develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Providesongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increaseemployees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formaland informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issuespromptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies variouslearning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlyingcauses of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements:Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performsroutine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense ofownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Appliesunderstanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources fora department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strongunderstanding of the information or data to identify and elevateopportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies newideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processesbeyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm forlearning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-termchallenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/orproblems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces changeinstead of emphasizing negative elements.
Bachelor'sDegree (or equivalent experience) from accredited athletic training program orequivalent. and 1 year relevant experience
Licensed AthleticTrainer Required
BOC Certified Athletic Trainer Required
- PRN, High School Outreach
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( BillWilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked amongthe nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascularhospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitalsin America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital SafetyScore
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees formedical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only grouphonored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "MostWired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
Job Orthopaedics/Sports Medicine
Organization: ATC Sports Medicine VBJ 303533
Title: Athletic Trainer 2 PRN - High School Outreach
Location: TN-Franklin-Bone And Joint Clinic
Requisition ID: 1802606
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.