Vanderbilt University Medical Center Administrative Assistant - Psychiatry (20 hrs/wk) in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry is accepting applications for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant. In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support of the Psychiatry Department’s activities with occasional guidance. You will also respond to customer needs by consulting with others as appropriate or by following established guidelines.
He/she will also organize the flow of daily operations to ensure service priorities are met.
For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at https://hr.mc.vanderbilt.edu/careers/requirements/PhysicalRequirementsGroup24.pdf .
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Heavy phone work includes scheduling and triage of caller needs; professionalism and phone etiquette a must.
Performs a variety of administrative support which may include scheduling, booking travel, expense processing and purchasing.
Compiles, coordinate and assist in the collection, processing and submission of data.
Prepares reports and other documentation as requested by area.
Creates and maintains accurate documents and records.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
20 hours a week, flexible on days and times within the workweek.
Position does not have the potential to go full-time. Must desire a long-term, part-time position.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of relevant experience.
Customer service and professional telephone etiquette are a must.
Microsoft Office Suite experience, especially Outlook and Word
Job Administrative and Clerical Support
Organization: Psychiatry - Addiction 104531
Title: Administrative Assistant - Psychiatry (20 hrs/wk)
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (VPH)
Requisition ID: 1807174
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.