Vanderbilt University Medical Center Assoc Program Manager- Stem Cell Transplant in Nashville, Tennessee
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 3542
Job Stream Description: Professional
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Assists in planning, coordinating and executing programs with some guidance.
Provides support for the creation, coordination and execution of the program.
Assists in budgetary management for the program(s).
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (NOVICE): - Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
NETWORKING (NOVICE): - Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (NOVICE): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Our Nursing Philosophy
- We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about Vanderbilt nursing
Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
Life in Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
Vanderbilt Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Organization: SCT HTC Admin 303684
Title: Assoc Program Manager- Stem Cell Transplant
Location: TN-Nashville-The Vanderbilt Clinic (TVC)
Requisition ID: 1801311