Vanderbilt University Medical Center Associate Patient Service Specialist Comprehensive Care Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic is a patient-focused medical home for people living with HIV, located in Nashville, Tennessee. Our mission is to offer the finest care possible by:
· treating our patients with dignity and compassion
· using advanced technology and treatment
· collaborating with other Nashville organizations to create a center of excellence in HIV/AIDS
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic is committed to providing high-quality, affordable medical care that treats the whole patient. Our services include:
· Medical evaluation and follow-up care
· Medical case management (assistance with third-party coverage and access to medical and dental care)
· Access to screening and clinical trials
· Full-service laboratory at Vanderbilt One Hundred Oaks
· Information on savings programs for HIV medications at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/30550
· Medication reconciliation and adherence counseling
· Mental health services
· Nutrition assessment and guidance
· Outreach and education (early intervention services)
· Other educational resources at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/46377
· Electronic medical records
· An HIV obstetrics clinic at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/30766
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with regular guidance. Responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates and patient check in/out.
Strongcustomer service experience is critical for this position
Abilityto get the job done and maintain a smooth clinic flow
Medicaloffice / clinic experience highly desired
Familiarwith EPIC / eStar
Monday – Friday / 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & WorldReport: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Job Administrative and Clerical Support
Organization: CCC Non-Clinical 303363
Title: Associate Patient Service Specialist Comprehensive Care Clinic
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks (OHO)
Requisition ID: 1804364