Vanderbilt University Medical Center Business Intelligence Analyst in Nashville, Tennessee
Business Intelligence Analyst (Anesthesiology)
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
About the Department :
The Department of Anesthesiology at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine has a long tradition of innovation. This creative impulse has kept the Vanderbilt Anesthesiology Department in the vanguard of clinical discovery, basic science research, and translational application of new knowledge throughout perioperative medicine.
Vanderbilt Anesthesiology has the intellectual agility to maintain equilibrium and thrive in this unstable environment. We get the right people onto the team, create the right systems of practice to provide optimum patient care, and develop innovative technology to improve the capabilities of our clinicians. We train the future leaders of perioperative medicine in research, clinical innovation and patient care, and we put those skills into practice every day.
Our department is characterized by optimism, excitement, talent, and a commitment to work together to improve our knowledge and the care we provide to our patients. We welcome individuals at all levels who share this commitment and our passion for creating the best perioperative science and medicine.
About the Job :
Develops requirements for Business intelligence solutions under occasional guidance.
Proficient in utilizing BI tools to satisfy end user data needs. Performs Data Analysis functions.
Implements small projects or components of large projects. Ability to solve medium to complex problems.
Performs functions related to requirements definition, data analysis and BI tool utilization.
Ensures appropriate documentation for all development and modification.
Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TOOLS (NOVICE): - Has successfully used the tool in situations of medium complexity. Occasionally needs assistance from internal technical support in usage of the tool. May have successfully completed in-depth training in core components of the skill. Able to install and upgrade the tool.
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Business Requirements Definition in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Able to identify potential problems through basic analysis and develop appropriate test cases to assure effective testing of the application. Can analyze a Business Requirements Definition to determine processing flow, testing scenarios and user requirements. Familiar with the steps necessary to complete a Business Requirements Definition for more advanced systems.
DATA ANALYSIS - (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate data analysis in practical data analysis applications of moderate difficulty. Navigates within established technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis. Able to modify and run queries and standard reports from data tools and provide to users. Can identify data values and data sources. Is familiar with data modeling. Is able to interview business customers to elicit data requirements and understand the relationships between data items.
DATA MINING (NOVICE): - Has demonstrated an understanding of analysis methods, design concepts, data organization, business models, capabilities and limitations. Has used at least one of the state-of-the-art software tools best for implementing the method.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University Medical Center provides its faculty and staff members with a benefits package that is comprehensive and flexible. Components for benefits-eligible employees include:
· Health Plan
· Parental Leave
· Life Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Long-term Disability
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
· Dental Insurance
· Group Discounts
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Minimum Qualifications Required *
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Job Information Technology
Organization: Anesthesiology 104300
Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Arts
Requisition ID: 1803408