Vanderbilt University Medical Center Care Partner, Med/Surg (8 North), full-time, nights in Nashville, Tennessee
CarePartner, Med/Surg (8 North) Unit
DiscoverVanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
As an Inpatient Medicine unit at Vanderbilt Medical Center, we are dedicated to our patients by providing quality care with attention to clinical expertise, evidence-based practice, patient safety and positive outcomes. We utilize an interdisciplinary team approach along the continuum of care in an effort to provide balance for the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs for every patient and their family. Our interdisciplinary team consists of physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, nursing leadership, and educators. We make a difference!
Our Inpatient Medicine unit is comprised of two units and located on the 8th floor of Vanderbilt University Hospital, VUH. We care for adults and geriatric patients. Services include, but are not limited to care of adult patients with a variety of medical diagnoses of the pulmonary system, gastrointestinal system, renal system, endocrine system, infectious diseases, circulatory system, neurological system, dermatological disorders, and rheumatologic disorders.
8 North is a 30-bed unit,including four semi-private beds.
8 South is a 24-bed unit,including four semi-private beds.
There are two negative air-flow(isolation rooms) located on 8 North.
There are 27 telemetry monitoringtransmitters available on the 8th floor which can be used for patients inany patient room on the 8th floor.
Welcome to Inpatient Medicine!
For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/requirements/nursing1.pdf .
· Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Graduate of a NATS program or
· Completion of a semester of clinical training in an accredited Nursing program or
· Previous CNA experience
· Full-time, Night Shift
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· USNews & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· TruvenHealth Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker'sHospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· TheLeapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· NationalInstitutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· AmericanAssociation for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· MagnetRecognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· NashvilleBusiness Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· AmericanHospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Job requirements: High school graduate or GED. Must meet one of the following criteria: 1) have previous CNA experience, or 2) have graduated from a NATs program, or 3) have completed one semester of clinical training in an accredited Nursing program.
Job Care Partner/CNA/CNT
Organization: 8N Cohort 20 201778
Title: Care Partner, Med/Surg (8 North), full-time, nights
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Requisition ID: 1804732