Vanderbilt University Medical Center Care Partner, TVC Observation Unit, full-time, nights in Nashville, Tennessee
CarePartner, TVC Observation Unit
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
This exciting, fast-paced unit is located on the first floor of the Vanderbilt Clinic. We are dedicated to our patients by providing quality care with attention to clinical expertise, evidence-based practice, patient safety and positive outcomes.
Patients on our unit have an average length of stay of 48 hours to four days. We currently have 15 monitored beds and plan to open an additional 20 more beds in the near future. We serve adult patients with pulmonary, gastrointestinal, renal, endocrine system, cardiac and infectious disease. We also treat patients undergoing minor surgeries.
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to VUMC's mission of quality inpatient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Our interdisciplinary team consists of physicians, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, nursing leadership and educators. We make a difference!
For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/requirements/nursing1.pdf .
· Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
· For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/requirements/nursing3.pdf .
· Full-time, Night Shift
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· American Association for the Advancement ofScience: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Job requirements: High school graduate or GED. Must meet one of the following criteria: 1) have previous CNA experience, or 2) have graduated from a NATS program, or 3) have completed one semester of clinical training in an accredited Nursing program.
Job Care Partner/CNA/CNT
Organization: Clinical Transition Unit/Night 200347
Title: Care Partner, TVC Observation Unit, full-time, nights
Location: TN-Nashville-The Vanderbilt Clinic (TVC)
Requisition ID: 1805037
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.