Vanderbilt University Medical Center Clinical Research Administrative Assistant in Nashville, Tennessee
Clinical Research Administrative Assistant – VICTR - VCC
The Clinical Research Administrative Assistant (CRAA) will have the opportunity to work within the Vanderbilt Coordinating Center (VCC), housed within the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, and will serve to support varying needs across divisions. The CRAA will be a productive member of the team, and will be mentored and supported in an effort to further develop clinical research skills. The CRAA’s responsibilities will generally fall underneath clinical trial assistance, study participant interaction, and general administrative support.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
· Experience with Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Project management with long-term projects
· Working with data, including preparation of quality graphs and tables
· Good professional writing and communication
· Good organizational and prioritizing capabilities
· Critical thinking abilities
Key Functions and Expected Performances
• Assist with scheduling visits and providing appropriate access to external vendors and monitors
• Examine subject files, extract research-related patient data from the Electronic Health Record and log study metrics in study-related databases and Case Report Forms
• Assist with the filing of all forms of regulatory documents including consent forms, master subject logs, Key Study Personnel lists, licenses and CV’s and appropriate correspondence
• Send requests for medical records release, receive documents and review for study-related data
• Distribute clinical trial related materials to sites, clinical staff, and/or study team members
• Ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements
• Assist with the management of study supplies and organize shipments as needed
• Assist with structured community-based study screening and recruitment
• Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders, location details, and any other requirements
• Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data as needed on active study participants
• Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects
• Provide assistance to participants being seen within the Clinical Trials Center by welcoming them, ensure they are comfortable while they wait to be seen, and ensure that any questions they have related to their study visit are answered
• May support a variety of areas, projects and programs within the VCC’s Local Support Services, Program for Investigator Initiated Trials, and Central Operations
· Assist with tracking predefined invoicable contract milestones and Core billable time
• Triage and/or answer questions received from the Vanderbilt Coordinating Center’s general telephone line
• Manage conference rooms and team-related Outlook calendars
• Responsible for routine departmental support including maintaining supplies, shipping, archiving, filing, faxing and scheduling meetings
• Coordinate event logistics for program meetings, activities, seminars, and briefings
• Update web and social media content to reflect project developments
• Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience .
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Job Administrative and Clerical Support
Organization: VICTR Vanderbilt Coord Center 104241
Title: Clinical Research Administrative Assistant
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1806178