Vanderbilt University Medical Center Clinical Trials Associate II in Nashville, Tennessee
Clinical Trials Associate II
ViTAL, the V anderb I lt Center for T obacco, A ddiction, and L ifestyle
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Clinical Trials Associate 2 will provide, under direct supervision, support for federally funded research project Helping Hand 4 and other projects related to smoking cessation. The Helping Hand 4 study is an extension of a previous grant (Helping HAND 2), which aims to identify a cost effective strategy for delivering smoking cessation treatment to hospitalized smokers at the time of discharge. Participants will be randomized to one of 2 existing strategies to augment post-discharge care of smoking: eReferral to the state quitline vs. bedside medication and interactive voice response follow up. This position will also include following research protocols, determining eligibility, recruitment and enrolling study participants, performing data collection, and working with data and related software.
· Serve as the study recruiter; screen and enroll hospitalized patients
· Introduce and describe the study to potential study participants
· Complete the enrollment process: obtain informed consent, randomize participants to study group, and collect baseline data
· Assist in collection of data from human participants of all ages
· Assist in monitoring subjects using an automated, web-interface data management system that contacts patients by automated telephone, email, or text messages. Respond to requests made by patients for coaching, medication refills, or study-related questions
· Read and follow protocols
· Assist in modification and coordination of research procedures and techniques
· Develop forms and questionnaires for data collection
· Assist in creation of database files and maintain records
· Compile and prepare data for research reports
· Work with large datasets with attention to detail and accuracy
· Assist in the preparation of materials for publication
· Read professional journals and attend meetings and/or seminars
· Knowledgeable of excel data spreadsheets and REDCap
· Compile and communicate results to supervisor
· Work with the research team in support of additional study-related activities
· Other duties as necessary.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Organization: Health Services Research 104357
Title: Clinical Trials Associate II
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1804953