Vanderbilt University Medical Center Data Specialist in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
About the Department:
SOCKs was established as a two-pronged approach to clinical research. We believe that research should be incorporated into everyday clinical activities. This allows us to flesh out research hypotheses, define standardized protocols for care, and evaluate short and long-term outcomes in patients. This type of environment encourages residents and students to learn about research methodology while training in a clinical setting. Our mission is to impact patient lives through discovery, quality and research.
Coordinates and assists in data collection and activities involved in the retrieval, processing, dissemination and submission of data with occasional guidance. Prepares data for reports, audits, meetings and other presentations.
Coordinates data processing activities to ensure timely, complete and accurate transmission of data.
Coordinates documentation of all data entry procedures to support consistency in data collection.
Assesses and verifies data quality and coordinates changes/corrections to data.
Accurately performs data analyses to generate reports.
Performs data validation and storage of various project documents.
Maintains data records, data analyses and report generation to meet departmental requirements.
Develops new procedures to process, analyze, validate, and store data.
DATA ENTRY (NOVICE): - The ability to transcribe information from the original source into an electronic system according to written and verbal instructions efficiently and accurately.
DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE): - Ensures that all documentation is complete, accurate, thorough, and compliant.
AD HOC REPORTING (NOVICE): - The ability to access information from databases and prepare reports.
DATA VERIFICATION (NOVICE): - The ability to verify data in an accurate manner.
DATA ANALYSIS (NOVICE): - The ability to analyze data in an accurate manner.
Minimum Qualifications Required
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University Medical Center provides its faculty and staff members with a benefits package that is comprehensive and flexible. Components for benefits-eligible employees include:
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
- Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US*CA
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Movement
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation. Sensory
Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Organization: SOCKS Leadership 104722
Title: Data Specialist
Location: TN-Nashville-Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Requisition ID: 1808692
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.