Vanderbilt University Medical Center Dental Assistant PRN (As Needed) Dental Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery consists of Oral Surgery , as well as the Divisions of Orthodontics and Dentistry . We are also home to the Oral Surgery Residency Program and the Orthodontic Residency Program . We provide a comprehensive spectrum of oral and maxillofacial surgical services to children and adults. In 2008, we became the official remote anesthesia site for adolescent and adult patients undergoing routine office-based oral surgical procedures. As a teaching hospital, the Oral Surgery Residency program began in 1969.
Assists in preventive, therapeutic, cosmetic and other dental services with occasional guidance by a board certified dentist.
Performs dental assistant duties.
Prepares patient for procedureand/or exam.
Provides patient withinstructions.
Maintenance and cleaning ofequipment.
The responsibilities listed area general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is Monday – Friday (Days) but PRN (as needed).
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( BillWilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Downloadthe Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
This position requires a Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry.
- Registered Dental Assistant Required
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Frequent: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Organization: VMG Dental Assistants 303734
Title: Dental Assistant PRN (As Needed) Dental Clinic
Location: TN-Nashville-Village at Vanderbilt
Requisition ID: 1806011