Vanderbilt University Medical Center IT Project Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 5826
Job Stream Description: Professional
IT Project Manager/Data Scientist-VICTR
We are seeking a professional IT Project Manager/Data Scientist with the training and curiosity to make big-data discoveries, build the resources necessary to enable those discoveries, and to be responsible for coordinating activities of the project team(s) under occasional guidance. Work closely with research informatics faculty and staff to expand and create innovative big data resources to enable data-driven translational science. Identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of project(s). Coordinate the activities of the team(s) by becoming familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member. Implement small development projects or components of large projects. Ability to manage and find insights in data, as well as solve medium to complex problems.
Provides support to leadership, team members and customers through data science, project management and communications.
· Brings structure to large quantities of formless data and makes analysis possible.
· Identifies rich data sources, joins them with other, potentially incomplete data sources, and cleans the resulting set.
· Finds a story within a data set and provide a coherent narrative about a key data insight, and advises leadership on implications of the data for products, processes and decisions.
· Demonstrates mastery of Project Communications in practical applications of a difficult nature.
· Effectively communicates technical and business ideas and information to others, including non-technical audiences in writing, with numbers, verbally and/or visually.
· Shares knowledge, ideas and information openly, and effectively sells new ideas and influences others.
· Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering Project Communications without requiring support and instruction from others.
· Provides guidance and leadership support to team members.
Coordinates and oversees all phases of the project.
· Performs project tracking and reporting relative to task completion dates, dependency effects, problem anticipation, schedule conflicts, and assignment to appropriate staff for resolution.
· Manages prioritization procedures for changing scope [i.e., change management] and project acceptance procedures.
· Measures progress toward goals and revises project objectives and documents applying change control procedures. Assumes responsibility [as appropriate] for resolving issues and seeing work through to successful completion.
· Provides training to project managers and others on project related templates and toolsets.
· Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction and obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure project efforts meet customer expectations.
Manages Project Issues
· Demonstrates mastery of Issues Management in practical applications of a difficult nature.
· Adept at identifying issues before they become problems and assigning those issues to the right people at the right time.
· Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully managing internal project issues without requiring support and instruction from others.
· Able to anticipate and resolve unplanned project issues as they arise.
Project planning and ensures timely completion of tasks in line with project objectives.
· Demonstrates ability to forecast complex resource needs, identify and break work down into discrete and measurable tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for one or more large projects.
· Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility.
· Anticipates problems and obstacles before they arise.
· Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance.
· Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action to achieve planned goals and objectives. Is proficient in the use of project management tools.
· Ability to learn rapidly about new technologies and methods
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent critical thinking skills
· Detail oriented
· Preferred formal background in strong data and computational focus-type field (e.g., math, statistics, computer science, economics)
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Job Information Technology
Organization: VICTR 104242
Title: IT Project Manager
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1805596