Vanderbilt University Medical Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 2 Comprehensive Care Center (4-Day Work Week)(7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. | Monday - Friday) in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic (V-CCC), a nationally-recognized HIV Center of Excellence and a Primary Care Medical Home, is located at Vanderbilt Health’s One Hundred Oaks campus. The V-CCC provides care for more than 3,000 active outpatients living with HIV from Tennessee and adjacent states. The V-CCC has on-site psychiatric, adherence counseling, social work, and nutrition services. Patients with HIV/AIDS receive quality, comprehensive HIV care, regardless of their ability to pay.
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic is committed to providing high-quality, affordable medical care that treats the whole patient. Our services include:
· Medical evaluation and follow-up care
· Medical case management (assistance with third-party coverage and access to medical and dental care)
· Access to screening and clinical trials
· Full-service laboratory at Vanderbilt One Hundred Oaks
· Information on savings programs for HIV medications at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/30550
· Medication reconciliation and adherence counseling
· Mental health services
· Nutrition assessment and guidance
· Outreach and education (early intervention services)
· Other educational resources at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/46377
· Electronic medical records
· An HIV obstetrics clinic at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/30766
The primary responsibility of a clinic nurse is to manage the flow of the clinic. The clinic nurses work directly with providers by rooming patients, taking vitals, providing injections, prescriptions, etc. In addition to direct patient care, clinic nurses also help providers manage patient calls and electronic inquiries. This position will work 4 days each week during M-F, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
· Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
· Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
· All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
Preferred Education, Skills,and Experiences:
We are seeking all qualified nurses who have a heart for caring for marginalized patients, who have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a collaborative team-based work setting. Position qualifications: Active LPN License and 1 year of experience; however, preference is given to candidates with at least 5 years of nursing experience with 2 of those working in an outpatient clinic setting.
· Active LPN license
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
· HIV/AIDS nursingexperience in an outpatient setting highly desired
Monday – Friday | 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. are clinic hours.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· American Association for theAdvancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
This position requires a Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Licensed Practical Nurse
Organization: CCC Clinical 303364
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 2 Comprehensive Care Center (4-Day Work Week)(7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. | Monday - Friday)
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks (OHO)
Requisition ID: 1808767
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.