Vanderbilt University Medical Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) PRN (As Needed) Comprehensive Care Clinic in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic is a patient-focused medical home for people living with HIV, located in Nashville, Tennessee. Our mission is to offer the finest care possible by:
· treating our patients with dignity and compassion
· using advanced technology and treatment
· collaborating with other Nashville organizations to create a center of excellence in HIV/AIDS
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic is committed to providing high-quality, affordable medical care that treats the whole patient. Our services include:
· Medical evaluation and follow-up care
· Medical case management (assistance with third-party coverage and access to medical and dental care)
· Access to screening and clinical trials
· Full-service laboratory at Vanderbilt One Hundred Oaks
· Information on savings programs for HIV medications at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/30550
· Medication reconciliation and adherence counseling
· Mental health services
· Nutrition assessment and guidance
· Outreach and education (early intervention services)
· Other educational resources at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/46377
· Electronic medical records
· An HIV obstetrics clinic at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/comprehensivecare/30766
· Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
· Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
· All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
· Active LPN license
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
· HIV/AIDS nursing experience in an outpatient setting highly desired
· For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/requirements/nursing1.pdf
Monday – Friday / 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; however, this position is PRN (as needed) for the clinic.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· USNews & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· TruvenHealth Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker'sHospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· TheLeapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· NationalInstitutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· AmericanAssociation for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· MagnetRecognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· NashvilleBusiness Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· AmericanHospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Licensed Practical Nurse Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Based on regulations from the TN Board of Nursing and VUMC policy, LPNs have the following practice limitations: (1)May NOT initiate the administration of blood or blood products, (2)May NOT administer experimental drugs (research drugs used in studies for anything other than indications for use by the pharmaceutical company), (3)May NOT administer any intravenous chemotherapeutic agents, (4)May NOT administer IV push medication.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move objects.
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Organization: CCC Clinical 303364
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) PRN (As Needed) Comprehensive Care Clinic
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks (OHO)
Requisition ID: 1804446