Vanderbilt University Medical Center Mechanical Assist Device Coordinator (Registered Nurse required)- Heart & Vascular Administration- FT Days- VUMC in Nashville, Tennessee
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 6637
Job Stream Description: Professional
Focuses on support of the Elective bridge to transplant mechanical assist device, and the Long Term bridge durable ventricular assist device.
Coordinates the evaluation phase for patients with severe ventricular dysfunction ensuring evaluation requirements are complete.
Manages pre-operative preparation ensuring patient, staff and system are fully prepared for device implantation.
Provides VAD expertise to clinical team from evaluation through outpatient care.
Maintains clinical expertise in all devices and required clinical care and able to conduct technical consultations for devices if needed.
Coordinates all aspects of discharge planning.
Participates in outpatient management in support of optimal outcomes.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery of patient assessments and evaluations in practical applications of a difficult nature. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Conducts inquiry with a thorough series of questions when patients state an ailment or complaint in order to accurately identify and elaborate on the problem. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to role model and coach less experienced peers.
CARE PLANNING (NOVICE): - Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery of patient education in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of providing patient health education services without requiring instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
MEDICAL DEVICES (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery in medical devices by quickly and accurately diagnosing problems, determining requirements for fixing problems. Demonstrates the ability to determine if device problems require vendor or advanced dispatch for on-site service/repair. Able to read and interpret complicated schematics, diagnostics and other instructions for repairing medical devices.
CONSULTING SERVICES (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate consulting services including appropriate knowledge of core technology, products, services and operations within field of work, in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is aware of industry trends. Attends industry seminars and forums. Understands the connection between assignments and the missions and goals of the department.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Job Other Nursing Services
Organization: VAD Administration 212487
Title: Mechanical Assist Device Coordinator (Registered Nurse required)- Heart & Vascular Administration- FT Days- VUMC
Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Center East (MCE) - South Tower
Requisition ID: 1805714