Vanderbilt University Medical Center Pediatric Respiratory Therapist Reg PRN in Nashville, Tennessee
DiscoverVanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Performs routine respiratory care procedures in the acute care, critical care and outpatient environment; perform respiratory care assessments and diagnostic testing procedures associated with respiratory care under occasional guidance. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/requirements/nursing1.pdf .
Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation.
Provides education for students in affiliated clinicaltraining programs as well as patients and families.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview ofthe position and additional duties may be assigned.
VENTILATOR MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate ventilator management in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
AIRWAY ESTABLISHING / MANUAL RESUSCITATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate airway establishing / manual resuscitation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
LABORATORY TESTING & ANALYSIS (NOVICE): - Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of the primary laboratory tests required by the department to successfully meet work objectives. Understands the core functions and features of the core laboratory tests. Able to interpret results of the test under general supervision.
RESPIRATORY THERAPEUTIC PROCEDURES (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate respiratory therapeutic procedures in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilitieswith the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areasrelated to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderatelycomplex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gainedthrough experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance andsupport to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy andenthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gainknowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regularcontact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informalopportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes groupinteractions and modifies one’s own communication style to suit differentsituations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understandcurrent and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes servicesto better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems fromdifferent angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunitiesand develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Providesongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increaseemployees’ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formaland informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issuespromptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies variouslearning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causesof problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements:Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performsroutine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense ofownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Appliesunderstanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources fora department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strongunderstanding of the information or data to identify and elevateopportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies newideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processesbeyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm forlearning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-termchallenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/orproblems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces changeinstead of emphasizing negative elements.
Job requires Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Registered Reparatory Therapist, National Board Respiratory Care Required
RegisteredRespiratory Therapist (RRT) Certification with NBRC
Minimumof 1 year Respiratory Therapy experience in a Level 1 Trauma setting
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 HealthCare Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( BillWilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked amongthe nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascularhospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 GreatestHospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital SafetyScore
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees formedical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only grouphonored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "MostWired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
Organization: Peds Respiratory Care 209559
Title: Pediatric Respiratory Therapist Reg PRN
Location: TN-Nashville-Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Requisition ID: 1804666