Vanderbilt University Medical Center Program Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
This position is in the Institute for Medicine and Public Health, which exists to connect research and teaching with policy and practical solutions. We are charged with re-imagining and amplifying collaborations among more than 50 departments, 292 faculty, 208 staff, 110 graduate students, more than 21 centers, and all ten schools. The Institute reaches across the state, nation, and the global community to translate knowledge into better health.
We are seeking a creative and service-oriented Program Manager with strong communication, marketing, and administrative project management expertise.
In partnership with executive leadership of the Institute, this role will plan, coordinate and execute various programmatic, operational, and outreach activities. Successful candidates must have the ability to work as part of a team while also independently managing a variety of activities with minimal guidance.
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Soliciting, creating and managing content from stakeholders for an array of digital and print media.
• Creating content to describe accomplishments across institute units and affiliates (i.e. writing articles, preparing announcements, partnering with others on multimedia production, etc.)
• Disseminating materials across multiple platforms (i.e. newsletters, websites, email, social media, etc.)
• Managing a communication chain to link constituents, both internal and external, with information about the institute and its activities.
• Support executive leadership in the coordination of staff engagement activities, including a seminar series, guest speakers, and various professional development opportunities
• Create presentations for executive leadership, including slide decks, infographics, flow charts, business reports, policy documents, etc.
• Research and compile information across multiple resource platforms
• Continuously foster internal and external business relationships
• Coordinate program meeting arrangements
• Support executive leadership in the management of various facility inventories, including office space, computing equipment, etc.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of related experience.
Preferred qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
• Candidate will be a motivated, organized individual with a documented work history of excellence and outstanding customer service
• Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
• Must be able to function independently as well as part of team
• Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) with high degree of diplomacy and professionalism
• Commitment to high quality and continuous improvement
• Ability to solve complex problems and provide exceptional service to stakeholders
• Ability to process and maintain considerable amount of confidential and sensitive information
• Science writing, journalism, or communications office experience, ideal
• Familiarity with web and digital design and experience with dissemination/branding activities.
This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Organization: IMPH Administration 104121
Title: Program Manager
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1805465