Vanderbilt University Medical Center Psychometrist in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research .
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Woodward Lab in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a full-time Psychometrist to join a dynamic neuropsychological assessment service and clinical research laboratory. Working under the general supervision of a licensed clinical psychologist, you will administer and score intelligence, neuropsychological, cognitive, personality, and other psychological tests to research participants and individuals with psychiatric and/or neurological disorders.
Additionally, the ideal candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented and capable of working independently. Individuals interested in neuropsychological assessment, research on the biological basis of mental disorders, and neuroimaging are especially encouraged to apply. The position requires a high level of interpersonal skills, organization, attention to detail, and problem solving abilities.
Candidates must be eligible for licensure as a Certified Psychological Assistant (CPA) in the State of Tennessee
1. Administer and score psychological/neuropsychological tests to a wide range of patient populations and research study participants. Specific responsibilities include: a. carefully document behaviors and test responses of patients;
b. Complete testing, scoring, and data entry of psychological tests and present results to supervisor;
c. Be able to build rapport with patients and handle problems with compliance or behavior that might arise;
d. Maintain tests with up-to-date norms;
e. Prepare reports to meet specified timeframes.
2. Perform activities related to the general administration of the testing services, including scheduling/confirming appointments, ordering tests, archiving files, etc.
3. Assist with clinical research studies, including:
a. Recruiting research subjects into various clinical research studies;
b. Assisting in the collection of study data, including neuroimaging scans;
c. Carrying out neuroimaging study protocols;
d. Manage study databases;
e. Assist with managing IRB protocols and general lab management
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· Master’s Degree in psychology, or equivalent, from an approved/accredited college or university (the degree award may be pending, but the candidate must have completed a minimum of one (1) academic year of graduate training totaling a minimum of 33 graduate semester hours at the time of hire)
· Eligible for certification as Psychological Assistant in Tennessee
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Experience with commonly used statistical software packages (i.e. SPSS) is desirable, but not essential
· Willingness, enthusiasm, and ability to learn new skills and work collaboratively and independently are a must
Job Social Work/Mental Health/Other Therapies
Organization: Psychiatry - Psychology 104527
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital (VPH)
Requisition ID: 1804792