Vanderbilt University Medical Center Registered Nurse 2 CC, Surgical Stepdown, FT-Days (7am-7pm) in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
· Visit Us!
· The Surgical Step-down unit (9 North) is a 27 bed progressive care inpatient adult unit. Our unit is a critical care unit that specializes in the care of the post-operative surgical patient including thoracic surgery, oncology-endocrine surgery, emergency general surgery, and head & neck surgery, among others. The patients admitted to the surgical step-down unit generally require cardiac monitoring, continuous pulse-oximetry, and more frequent assessments and interventions than can be provided in the general acute care setting. Our focus is to provide high quality intensive patient care to a diverse patient population with a wide variety of surgeries and diagnosis. Our nurses must be familiar with a range of treatments and types of care while also thinking critically to meet the needs of a more acute patient population. A typical shift includes frequent assessments and interventions for patients requiring cardiac and respiratory monitoring while also mobilizing patients to facilitate progress along their plan of care. Our unit provides our staff with the opportunity for professional and personal growth in a fast paced work environment. It is a great place to learn and grow clinically and prepares our nurses to face challenging situations and environments as they progress through their careers.
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt/requirements/nursing1.pdf .
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
· Graduate of an approved Nursing Program
· Active Tennessee RN license
· 6 months of RN experience
· BLS certification
· Day Shift (7am-7pm)
Job Registered Nurse - Critical Care
Organization: 9N Surgical Stepdown 201109
Title: Registered Nurse 2 CC, Surgical Stepdown, FT-Days (7am-7pm)
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Requisition ID: 1805039