Vanderbilt University Medical Center Senior Domain Specialist - Epic Cadence in Nashville, Tennessee
This is a full-time position with Vanderbilt Health IT and requires experience with analysis, build and application enhancement with Epic Cadence
Epic Cadence Certification is highly desirable. This role will enable you to work with a team of other Epic Analysts on upgrades, new builds and performance enhancements with the Epic eStar solution.
Provides domain expertise in complex set of related moderate business critical products for customers of moderate complexity for integrated product solution selection and design and build independently. Assesses, designs, documents, performs content and configuration changes required in line with agreed QA, release schedules and user communication plans. Provides user support. May lead teams and function as lead on projects. Coaches the development of staff.
Provides expertise in specified domain, including workflow, best-in-class technology solutions and services.
Provides domain expertise in et of related products for customers for integrated product solution selection and design and build.
Assess and design enhancements, content and configuration changes.
Conduct testing and educate users.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
WORKFLOW SYSTEMS (INTERMEDIATE): - Can lead the implementation of workflow technology and can design and implement a mid sized workflow system. Can develop software to drive mail and messaging API's and deploy OCR and bar-code technologies.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates the ability to apply multiple areas of business knowledge to successfully meet broad work objectives. Knowledgeable of the major business units of the company which relate to work responsibilities. Understands and monitors appropriate key business indicators as well as the competition. Able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions in an easily understood manner. Able to interpret and draw conclusions from business data. Demonstrates an understanding of overall business perspectives.
EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the new technology and its impact on the systems infrastructure of the company. Demonstrates acute knowledge of industry trends, promising technologies, competitors' products and services, regulations and legislation impacting the company. Attends industry seminars and forums on a regular basis. Successfully investigates, evaluates, recommends and implements new technology to meet requirements of state-of-the-art systems and projects.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery of Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting in practical applications of a difficult nature. Assures that the proper people receive problem reports as soon as detected. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting products and services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Job Information Technology
Organization: HealthIT Patient Engagement PG 108704
Title: Senior Domain Specialist - Epic Cadence
Location: TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1806329